Check-ins are a simple way for everyone in your organization to update all their goals at once. (This article zooms in on the importance of keeping goals up-to-date.)
Main benefits of using Check-ins:
Keep aligned with always up-to-date goals.
Everyone's informed of progress at any time.
Spend less time updating goals.
Customers save a full working day a year.
Achieve more of your goals.
Frequent progress updates actually boost goal attainment.
Setting up Check-ins
1. Define how often you want to update goals in your organization.
We recommend that you do this every week. In Perdoo, go to Configure > General > Company and select your preferred option under ‘How often do you update goals?’. (If you can't access this option, please contact your Ambassador or someone with superadmin rights.)
2. Send automated Check-in reminders
Make sure no one forgets to submit their Check-in! Head to Configure > General > Notifications to set up Check-in reminder emails. The right timing to submit a Check-in is either at the end of a week (eg, Friday 4pm), or at the beginning of a week (eg, Monday at 9am).
* NOTE: If your Check-in emails aren't coming in, check your personal notification settings then check your spam folder.
3. Show everyone how to submit Check-ins
That’s all. The next step is to make sure that managers regularly review Check-ins of their direct reports. This helps them save time, be better managers, and deliver results that matter.
* NOTE: You can update progress either individually or through Check-in, but if you update progress individually (ie. for all goals you lead), it will not register as a Check-in. In order to register as a Check-in you need to use the Check-in feature.
Need a hand? Contact our friendly Support team via the in-app chat at the bottom-right of your screen, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.