According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, a roadmap is a detailed plan to drive progress towards success. The Roadmap feature in Perdoo gives you an overview of the path that you've built every quarter, to accomplish company goals.
The Roadmap is divided into layers that represent the cadence in which you expect goals to be achieved by (ie. Company OKRs at the end of the year and 3-5 years, Group OKRs by the end of each quarter which is the typical configuration).
The path we recommend starts with your mission and vision sitting at the top, followed by your 3-5 year strategic goals, supported by annual Company OKRs and finally by quarterly Group OKRs which bridge that gap between strategy and execution.
This view allows Executives and Heads of Department to understand what each team is allocating time towards, ensuring focus and constant progress towards Company priorities. It also gives teams the context to see how their work impacts the bigger picture.
To setup your Roadmap
- Go to Roadmap
- Click on Add cadence
- Choose a cadence from the pre-define list, or select custom cadence to create your own cadences.
- Click Submit
- Start adding OKRs!
Actions you can take from Roadmap:
- Company goals are strategic and usually are set every 3-5 years and Annually. Groups are the execution piece and operate Quarterly. You also have the opportunity to add custom cadences if your goals are set on a non-standard basis. Learn more about how to add a standard cadence or a custom cadence.
- Easily add goals to a specific cadence and immediately see where they fall within the entire company's goals. Learn more about how to add Company Objectives or Group Objectives.
Filter your goals
- Filter each cadence to see specific goals. You can filter by any custom combination of Aligned to, Lead, Owner, Progress, and Tag. Learn more about how to filter your goals.
Toggle between timeframes
- Use the arrows next to the timeframe to toggle to timeframes either in the past or in the future. You can view OKRs in these timeframes, as well as add new OKRs.
Switch to a different card size
- See a higher level view by changing the card size to the smaller view to see just the Group avatar and percentage completion so that you can quickly evaluate progress. You can then hover over the card to see the Objective name, Objective Lead, and any associated tags.