Building your path to success is no easy task but to keep things in perspective start with your mission and vision. Your mission & vision represent the soul purpose you exist and making it the starting point of your journey ensures that you stay loyal to the core of your business.
Research from the book "Good to Great" by James C. Collins found that companies that stayed true to THE thing they're really good at (amongst other things), increased their chances of becoming great but also of sustaining positive results.
Adding your mission and vision keeps you in check about taking decisions that are aligned to this purpose. Taking steps that divert you from your path will create chaos and confusion within the organization, making it harder to achieve consistent and significant results.
To add your Mission & Vision in Perdoo:
- Click on Configure
- Select Timeframe
- Click on Add Timeframe
- Name your Timeframe Mission & Vision
- Select your dates. Add an end date very far into the future
- Make this available on Company level only (no group should add OKRs in this timeframe)
Once you've created the Timeframe:
- Click on Company
- On the OKR section, click on the plus sign to Add an Objective (right side)
- Under name, add your mission & vision and click Next
- Make sure Company level is selected
- Select the CEO as the OKR lead and click Next
- Skip the alignment step since the mission & vision will sit at the top of your Map (you'll be aligning Strategic OKRs to m&v).
- Under Timeframe, select the one you created called Mission & Vision
- Click on Done